Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kiss It Review


Title: Kiss It
Author: Erin Downing
Number of Pages: 288
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: June 15, 2010
My Edition: Paperback
Reading Level: YA, Ages 14+
Received From: Erin Downing
Author's Website: erindowning.com

Summary from Amazon: 
A girl’s gotta do who a girl’s gotta do.

Chastity Bryan has never been shy about going after what she wants. And when sexy, mysterious, so-not-from-this-town Sebastian walks into Chaz’s life, she knows in an instant that what she wants next is him. Chaz has no intention of playing for keeps—but she most definitely has intentions. Who needs true love when you’ve got true lust?

Sebastian has no idea what he’s in for—but maybe neither does Chaz….

 
Review: 

As I began to read Kiss It, I did not expect the funny and surprising beginning or that book had some racier elements of sex and language from a feisty and witty female main character. However the story was a very nice surprise, and I read it very quickly in about 2 or so hours. The main character name is Chasity (which is sort of ironic) who's sexually set on having sex with the perfect guy and experimenting along the way. The novel addressed first love, sex, abstinence, pregnancy, abortion, and more issues related to having sex. The book definitely reminded me a lot of a modern version of Forever by Judy Blume which is one of the first books that I read about teenagers having sex.

When I started reading about Chaz and her male town mates, I found her story pretty entertaining and funny to read. She was such a pleasant and interesting character to read about and even loved the story more once the sexy Sebastian came into the story. Their complicated relationship is a lot like most high school relationships, so all along I just rooted for them to get together and was relieved when they finally did. They absolutely are the best partner for each other, so it's pretty bittersweet that he was only in town for winter break. The small town characters including her coworkers, her best friend, and classmates all helped to make the story very captivating and hard not enjoy. The ending was so sweet and perfect and also surprising when I found out the truth of why Sebastian was hesitant of being with Chaz.

Overall, Kiss It had a unique and funny storyline with several lovable and also some annoyingly irritating characters. I really recommend reading it if you aren't offended or against reading about sex with some foul language. I'm pretty intrigued now to read some more of the Simon Pulse romantic comedies by Erin Downing!

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just wanted to stop by as many of the blogs that I follow as I could during the Friday Hop timeframe! If you have a chance, stop by The Wormhole and check out my 300 follower giveaway! Happy reading – have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait 2 start this one! It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)