Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Firsts (9)



The first line can make or break a reader’s interest. Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence? To participate in this weekly book meme is extremely easy.
  • Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.
  • Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.
  • Create a blog post with this information. (Make sure to include the title and the author of the book you are using. Even an ISBN helps!)
  • Did this first sentence help draw you into the story? Why or why not?
One book I'm currently reading is Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott. I just started, so the first page is pretty much all I've read so far. I love the two books I've read previously by Elizabeth Scott and finally got this one at the library. Here is the first sentence:

"Everyone's seen my mother naked."
 
Wow, this is a hilarious first sentence! It totally got me attention and made me keep wanting to read on. This first sentence has to be my favorite out of all the other Friday Firsts sentences I've done. Something, Maybe sounds really good, and I can't wait to read more of the book.

What's your current book's first sentence?


4 comments:

  1. I am in between books right now. This one sounds interesting thought.

    Elie (Ellz Readz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My book starts, "Later, she was to recall the child touching her: it was as if she had stretched out her hand and a chicken had placed its leg and claw within her palm." It's a biography of Audrey Hepburn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished my book...great idea though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)