Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Something, Maybe Review

Title: Something, Maybe 
Author: Elizabeth Scott 
Publisher: Simon Pulse 
Publication Date: March 24, 2009 
Pages: 224 
My Edition: Hardback 
Reading Level: Young Adult 
Where I got it: Library 

Summary from Elizabeth's website:
Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showing pretty girls--and his "party" lifestyle--all over the Internet, and her mom, who was once one of her dad's girlfriends, is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for far too long, Hannah has learned how to stay out of sight...and that's how she likes it.

Of course, being unknown isn't helping her get noticed by gorgeous, confident Josh, who Hannah knows is her soul mate. Between trying to figure out a way to get him to notice her, dealing with her parents, and wondering why she can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn, Hannah feels like she's going crazy. She's determined to make things work out the way she wants....only what she wants may not be what she needs.
Read the first two chapters!

Review:
Wow this is such a cute, romantic, quick read! I've been wanting to read Something, Maybe since it came out, because I love Elizabeth Scott's first three books. I have never been disappointed by a book she's written, and this one is probably my new favorite by her. It is a unique story line and very hard to put down. It didn't take me very long to read, but I wish it would have lasted a little longer. It is such a cute story that made me smile at the end and think I wish I was her! I kind of expected what was going to happen, but that just made me like the ending even more. I love when books make me feel for the characters, and this one did just that.

Hannah's father is kind of like a Hugh Hefner and is very distant and an attention seeker. It's sad that she has to deal with mean classmates and even neighbors because of having a show-off mom and a crappy, old father. She keeps to herself and likes being invisible because of her parents, so I was happy at the end when she finally opens up and ends up with... (I won't spoil the ending). The story is well written and very fun to read. I highly recommend reading this or any of her other books because you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to read more from Elizabeth Scott who is such a nice and amazing author!

Rating:




4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I've been wanting to read this for a while. I love Elizabeth Scott's novels and I'm pretty sure I'll like this one. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super cute! I've never read anything by Elizabeth Scott, but I just keep hearing great things about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I really want to read this. I loved Stealing Heaven and am anxious to read more by Elizabeth Scott!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)