Monday, February 1, 2010

Vampire Diaries: The Fury and Dark Reunion Review

Title: Vampire Diaries: The Fury and Dark Reunion
Author: L. J. Smith
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: December 26, 2007
Pages: 520

My Edition: Paperback
Reading Level: Young Adult
W
here I got it: the Library
  
Two Book Summary (From Amazon):
Elena: transformed, the golden girl has become what she once feared and desired.
Stefan: tormented by losing Elena, he's determined to end his feud with Damon once and for all—whatever the cost. But slowly he begins to realize that his brother is not his only enemy.
Damon: at last, he possesses Elena. But will his thirst for revenge against Stefan poison his triumph? Or can they come together to face one final battle?
Collected here in one edition are the third and fourth volumes of The Vampire Diaries, a riveting conclusion to the tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.

The Fury (Book 3) Summary from L.J.'s website:
It’s happened.  Elena wakens as a vampire.  She belongs to Damon, now, and to his world.  The town mourns her as dead while she haunts the Old Wood by night.  But by the time she remembers that Stefan is her true love, a new and powerful enemy appears.  This is the last battle; and the only way Elena can win it is to sacrifice herself.

Dark Reunion (Book 4) Summary from L.J.'s website:
As a psychic, Bonnie has dreams of Elena in the Other World. But the dreams quickly turn frightening.  There is a terrible new enemy stalking Fell’s Church, killing young girls.  Elena’s friends call for Stefan and get both him and Damon—but whose side is Damon on? The ending is the most surprising yet for Elena!

Review *minor spoilers*:
Wow, these last books in the series were very amazing! There were so many mind blowing twists that I never saw coming. I loved all the action, drama, romance, and new paranormal creatures. I wasn't expecting that Elena would become a vampire or that Katherine would back for some major revenge on Stefan and Damon. The ending of the third was really unexpected, but I'll leave that for you read about. Altogether, I liked the second two more than the first two because there was a lot more action, more of the love triangle, and more unexpected events.

I was really glad both books were together, so I could keep reading after the third one again left off with another cliffhanger. The series is really good, and I highly recommend reading them! The new CW series is pretty good also, but several things are different from the books. I can't wait to read the next books in the trilogy, Nightfall, where Elena and the other characters are back.

Rating:



4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved this! I'm a huge fan of the Vampire Diaries books...and the show, surprisingly enough haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series, and I just noticed L.J. Smith is the author. I am so oblivious to somethings sometimes. Now I'll have to read it! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LJ Smith is awesome. I'm so happy for her that this book was turned into a series on the CW. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This show is addictive,I Watch Vampire Diaries Online When I first started watching it seemed ok, but unlike most TV shows, EVERY episode without fail seems to improve on the previous episode, lots of twists and turns, great performances from all the cast, It's gripping and the storylines are brilliant. It's also not just a show for the teenage audience, My mother loves it! I genuinely think this is my fave TV show ever already, it also helps that every member of the cast is absolutely beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)