Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (24)

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly awaiting. This week I CAN NOT wait for Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins!!!! I love the Hunger Games trilogy, so I'm sooo excited! Sorry for the fangirl exclamations : )  Mockingjay: Hunger Games Book 3 will be released on my mom's birthday, August 24, 2010!


Mockingjay: The Final Book of the Hunger Games
By: Suzanne Collins 
(No summary yet, but info from Scholastic)

Obviously, I had to know more. So I asked the one and only David Levithan (VP Editorial Director, Scholastic) if he could share some top-secret things with me. The answer?

I am not, under any circumstances, allowed to divulge the contents of the third Hunger Games book. Nada. Nothing. Not a peep. I can, however, share with you five things that will not be appearing in the new book:
  • Panem is not shaken up when District 9 is nominated for a best picture Oscar.
  • At no point does President Snow utter the line, “This is Snowmageddon, baby.”
  • Despite internet rumors to the contrary, it is not revealed that Cinna has been secretly designing outfits for a Capitol operative known as “Lady GaGa.”
  • All rumors of a crossover appearance by Geronimo Stilton are false.
  • In a tough editorial call, we decided not to have Katniss win the Hunger Games…only to be interrupted by Kanye West.
In this hilarious, winning debut, one girl's dream of glamour transforms into something bigger: the desire to make a positive impact. And an impact Desi makes, one royal fiasco at a time. 

Check out the article here: http://onourmindsatscholastic.blogspot.com/2010/02/hunger-games-book-3-cover-revealed.html!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for MOCKINGJAY either! Too bad it's until August :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so behind, lol. I haven't even read the first one yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)