Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (34)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly awaiting. This week I can't wait for The Julian Game by Adele Griffin! My sister's name is Julian, so I was intrigued to find out more when I saw the name on another blog. I looked it up on Goodreads, and the summary sounds really good. I'm excited to read it when it comes out this summer on August 26, 2010!

The Julian Game 
By: Adele Griffin
Description from Goodreads:

New girl Raye Archer is desperate for a way into the In crowd, so when ice-queen Ella Parker chooses her to get back at her ex, the gorgeous Julian Kilgarry, Raye is more than game. Even if it means creating a fake Facebook identity as “Elizabeth” so that she can learn enough about Julian to sabotage him. While a fun and dangerous thrill at first, what Raye hadn’t counted on was falling for Julian herself—and igniting Ella’s rage.

As Raye works to reconcile the temptress Elizabeth with her real-life self, Ella serves up her own revenge. Now it’s Raye who falls victim, as Ella creates an online smear campaign of nasty rumors and trashy photographs. Suddenly notorious, Raye has to find a way out of the web of deceit that she’s helped to build, and back to the relationships that matter.

Adele Griffin’s riveting novel explores the issues of generation Facebook: the desire to be someone else, real versus online friends, and the pitfalls and fallouts of posting your personal life online for all the world to judge. 


3 comments:

  1. I just love this cover so much! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds a lot different from other books, and the cover is so cool! Really great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)