Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flawless Review

 
Title: Flawless
Series: Pretty Little Liars Book 2
Author: Sara Shepard
Pages: 352
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: February 19, 2008
My Edition: Paperback
Reading Level: Young Adult
Bought from: Waldenbooks in box set 

Summary from Amazon:
Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya ... as much more than a friend. Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is making her sick. And their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever.

And why shouldn't I tell? They deserve to lose it all. With every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I'll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I've got enough dirt to bury them alive. 

Review:
Flawless was if possible even better and juicier than the first in the series. I didn't know what to expect after finding out lots of the girls' secrets but wow much more was revealed in the second book. I read Flawless pretty quickly in one day because it was truly too good to put down. Reading the books in the Pretty Little Liars series is definitely never dull, and there is always a new secret.

The story picks right back up after the last where the girls' are still receiving the mysterious messages "A" and several people from the past come back into the girls' lives. Also finally, you will find out the truth about the "Jenna Thing" and believe me, it is an insane secret that really good destroy their perfect lives.

I felt so bad for the friends at times: Emily because of her mean ex-boyfriend taunting her, Spencer when her parents and sister find out her secret, and also for Hanna by the end with her parents. The ending was so surprising and definitely not expected at all. I really couldn't believe what happened many years ago between Toby, Jenna, Allison, and Spencer. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book Perfect very soon! 

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. I skimmed this post because I just watched the show this week and really, really want to read the series. I am sold! (I was previously unconvinced.) Thanks for posting--I'll check back after I consume these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! Loved the play on words on the post title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get a move on and read this series. Sad, I am part of the PLL secret keeper yet didn't read the book. Blah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)