Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Runaway Review



Title: Runaway
Series: Airhead Book 3
Author: Meg Cabot
Pages: 320
 Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Publication Date: April 20, 2010
My Edition: Hardback
Reading Level: Young Adult
Borrowed from: the Library 

Summary from Amazon:
Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself. With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to. Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved--since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed--this time, permanently? Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running. 

Review:
Runaway was a greatly satisfying addition and also the ending to the Airhead trilogy. I love Meg Cabot's books and love her series even more! She definitely knows how to write a great, well-written, and gripping while entertaining novel. The beginning is tad slow but picks up after 40 or so pages and is fast-paced til the end. I read most of the book in a night and even stayed up pretty late to finish it because it was too good to put down. Being Nikki which is the second book in the trilogy was good but not as exciting as Runaway, which I wasn't expecting. Runaway closely followed by Airhead is my favorite of them all, so I recommend reading it or begin reading the series right away!

The story picks right back up after Em goes off with Brandon and Nikki and her family. I love Christopher and Em together, so I was happy by their relationship even though they kept going on and off being together. There were so many surprises especially about the truth of Stark Enterprises and was very surprised when I learned about their big secret. It's crazy what they were planning on doing but happy when they are stopped and exposed. Endings are always bittersweet, but the ending of Runaway and the trilogy was very awesome and was truly a happy ending for all of them. I didn't know when I finished it was the ending of the series, but I am happy by the way it all ended!

Rating:

4 comments:

  1. i love meg cobot's work the mediator series has to be the one i adore best! Jesse is just so lovable! Ive come across this series in my library but im not sure if id be into it , maybe ill give it a go, great review as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book in the series, but yet to read the next two. After your review, though, I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have to read them! They are just as fantatic as her other books. I love the Mediator series and Jesse (swoon lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first two books, and I can't wait to read this one. I'm excited it's going to be good!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)