Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Best and Worst of Covers (10)

Every Saturday, I post book covers I love and dislike from books I've read. I include information for each book: the edition, summary, publisher, number of pages, reading level, and my thoughts of the cover. This week it's Twilight saga themed because the New Moon movie is coming out next weekend, so the covers I love are Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I like all the covers but those two are my favorites. Once again I don't have a cover I dislike, but oh well they're just so many great covers lately. I'm going at midnight on Thursday to see the movie, so I'm really excited! Also, I just found out from my swim team coach he changed the first day of swim practice to Friday the 20th instead of Monday, so I'm going to be kind of tired that day...

The Covers I Love: 
Title: Twilight and New Moon
Author: Stephenie Meyer

Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 2005 and August 2006
Page
s: 544 and 608

Edition: Hardbacks
Reading Level: Young Adult


Twilight Summary (from Goodreads):
Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger.Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

New Moon Summary (from Goodreads):
Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

Thoughts of the Covers:
I really love the beautiful covers of the Twilight saga! New Moon's flower is so pretty and elegant, it just is my favorite cover. I also really like the apple and the idea of "forbidden fruit" on the Twilight cover. The big, black covers of the books are instantly recognizable to any Twilight junkie, and the font Zephyr is has become the "Twilight font." I just love the story and characters, and I know everyone is basically sick of the Twilight phenomenon, but I still love the books. I hope the New Moon movie will a lot better than the first!

What are your thoughts on these covers?

5 comments:

  1. I love the covers of the twilight serie. I have them both on my bookshelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the covers are the only thing I like about the series. They're very striking and pretty.

    Unfortunately, there are a lot of copycats out there now. Whatever happened to originality?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the Twilight series. I personally liked the covers of New Moon and Breaking Dawn. I love how simple yet intriguing the covers are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the New Moon cover the best. I just LOVE it. Haha.

    ~Lindsay
    JABA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like Twilight, despite all the negative reactions regarding the series. I really hope the new movie will be better than the first! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)