Thursday, December 17, 2009

Magic Study: Study Book 2 Review!

Title: Magic Study (Study Book 2) 
Author: Maria V. Snyder 
Publisher: Luna 
Publication Date: October 1, 2006
Pages: 392 
My Edition: Hardback 
Reading Level: Young Adult 
Where I got it: the Library 

Summary from Maria's website:
Yelena's new role as Soulfinder has made the Sitian Council uneasy. Worried that her new powers will corrupt her, the Council debates her fate. Yelena, though is trying to keep Sitia and Ixia from going to war. In the middle of political wrangling, Yelena receives a disturbing message: a plot is rising against her homeland, led by Ferde, the Soulstealer who murdered eleven girls and has escaped from prison with Cahil Ixia’s help. Cahil believes if he joins with the new Daviian Clan, he will have enough support to regain the Ixian throne. Testing the limit of her skills, Yelena becomes embroiled in the desperate fight to stop Ferde and the Daviian Clan from siphoning enough power to unleash a Fire Warper on the world. That would be worst than war between the northern and southern lands. Especially since, of all the powers Yelena possesses, she couldn't set fire to a candle wick if her life depended on it. And there is more at stake than just her life. 

Review:
Magic Study was a great sequel to Poison Study which by the way was amazing! It was a little slow at times, but at the end I couldn't stop reading. I kept flipping page after page to find out what action or trouble was going to happen next. I loved that my favorite Ixian characters (Ari, Janco, and Valek) were in the book even though Yelena wasn't in Ixia with them. The characters are so well written and described, it just makes me fall in love with the story. Yelena and Valek are a perfect together, and I really like reading about their troubles and their sweet & loving relationship. 

The books have the perfect amount of action, fantasy, adventure, mystery, and romance. The plot was very intriguing and surprising. I didn't expect much of what happened in the book, so it was very awesome to learn & read about Yelena's magic and finally read about her long-lost family. I now can not wait to get my hands on the next and I think final book of the series! I hope Fire Study will be as good as the first two and end nicely. On my next trip to the library, I definitely will be getting it!
 
Rating:



3 comments:

  1. I really want to read this series! I might finally buy them over Christmas, since your review made them sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds promising. I think I will add it to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read allot of reviews about the first book and it sounds like a wonderful book to begin the series! I also so like the covers of the books! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)