Friday, April 29, 2011

Between Here and Forever Review


Title: Between Here and Forever
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Number of Pages: 256
Genre: YA Contemporary
 Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: May 24, 2011
My Edition: ARC Paperback
Reading Level: Young Adult
Received From: Publisher
Author's Website: elizabethwrites.com

Summary from Goodreads: 
Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible. Until the accident.

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her.

She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen.

Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...

Review: 
I've read all but two of Elizabeth Scott novels and have loved them dearly because they all have a way of touching me with the diverse social issues presented in each one. I was ecstatic to open my mail and unexpectedly found that I received her new book! I automatically moved it up to the first book in my reading queue and immediately dove right into the story. First off after reading the summary and looking at the absolutely gorgeous cover, I had high hopes that this one would be one of my favorites by her. And I was right! It was a relatively short, quick read, but the beautiful, intriguing writing and story had me hooked till the powerful end.


I wish however that I knew beforehand that a couple characters from the first book she wrote, Bloom, were going to be in Between Here and Forever because I didn't find out until I already finished reading it. I read Bloom over two years ago, so I don't remember much of the story. I am still baffled about which characters from Bloom were in this one! My advice to you would to read Bloom first, so you wouldn't be as confused as I was and still am.


The main character Abby has always felt she was inferior and in the shadow of her "perfect" older sister who is now in a coma after a bad car accident. Abby visits her sister every day at the hospital mostly because she feels compelled to help and talk to her in order for her to wake up because her life has been on hold since the accident. Abby at times really irritated me because she didn't think much of herself even though she is a strong, smart, and level headed female. She thinks no one could ever love her with her beautiful sister there instead and fails to realize a certain male right in front of her. I adored reading about Eli the most because he was a delight compared to the gloomy past and present in Abby's life. There were many unexpected revelations about Tess's life that comes to light which I was very surprised to learn. The romance and drama combined were perfect and made for a very good read!


All in all Between Here and Forever was just as amazing and heartwarming as Elizabeth Scott's others. If you have not read any of her books, you need to right away! If I were you, I would read Bloom while waiting for Between Here and Forever to come out this May 24, 2011.






Rating:


3 comments:

  1. Nice Blog!
    http://treasuredspotbookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have not read the story yet but I am loved with the book cover and after I read the review I felt like to read this book and I thank you for submission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually pretty good and I have enjoyed the book and it was remarkable story for me. I thank you for the submission.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)