Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Van Alen Legacy: Blue Bloods Book 4 Review

Title: The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods Book 4) 
Author: Melissa De La Cruz 
Publisher: Hyperion Book 
Publication Date: October 6, 2009 
Pages: 384 
My Edition: Hardback 
Reading Level: 9-12 
Where I got it: Library 

Summary from  
Melissa's website:
With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss’s true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry; love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Schuyler has made her choice. She has forsaken Jack for Oliver, choosing human over vampire. But old loves die hard...And even coldhearted Mimi seems to suffer from the ties that bind. Young vampires unite in this highly anticipated fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series.

Review:
The Van Alen Legacy is the fourth book of the great Blue Bloods series and is just as good as the first three. I really liked how the chapters change from either Schuyler's, Bliss's, or Mimi's point of view. It was interesting to read about their different adventures and was a pretty smart idea since it wrapped their different stories together. The only thing I didn't like about the book was at several points throughout the book, I was confused because either I didn't read carefully enough and missed something or at some point information was left out.

The characters are well-developed which make them fun to read about, and I love Schuyler and Oliver. I couldn't believe what happens to Bliss, but I wouldn't spoil anything. The Van Alen Legacy is also a little depressing because of the deaths and Silver Bloods attack in Rio from the previous book and some major traumatic events in this sequel. There are many twists, and things I did not see coming. Also, it had a lot more action and less romance.

Once I got midway through, I couldn't stop reading and found myself wanting to finish quickly to find out how it all would end. The ending was very surprising and a total cliff-hanger. I now can't wait to read the next book in the series, Misguided Angels (publication date 2010). The cover is really great, and I love how the black buildings always reflect where the story takes place. Altogether it was a great book, and a nice addition to the series.

Rating:




2 comments:

  1. I really think this is BETTER than the first 3. There is lots of character development and Mimi's POV was one of my favorite parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to move on to book #2 but they are all on my TBR. Just sitting there saying Read Me Read Me.

    Great review makes me want to read even more. Great blog BTW referred over by Teens Read & Write. I'm now following - Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)