Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (39)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly awaiting. This week I can't wait for Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard. The description sounds like a great friendship read, and the cover is very cute. I'm excited to read it when it comes out next year in March 2011.

Like Mandarin
By: Kirsten Hubbard
Description from Goodreads:

It's hard to find beauty in the badlands of Washokey, Wyoming. Fourteen-year-old Grace Carpenter knows it's not her mother's pageant obsessions, or the cowboy dances and pickup trucks adored by her small-town classmates. True beauty is wild girl Mandarin Ramey: seventeen, shameless and utterly carefree.

Grace would give ANYTHING to be like Mandarin.

When the two misfits are united for a project, they embark on an unlikely, explosive friendship, packed with nights spent skinny-dipping in the canal, liberating the town's animal-head trophies, and constantly searching for someplace magic. Grace even plays along when Mandarin suggests they make a pact to run away together. Blame it on the crazy-making wildwinds that plague their badlands town.

But all too soon, Grace discovers Mandarin's unique beauty hides a girl who's troubled, broken and even dangerous. And no matter how hard Grace fights to keep the magic, even the best friendships can't withstand betrayal.

6 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read this one either. I absolutely adore the cover and the summary makes me want to read it even more. Great WOW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow it sounds amazing and the cover is really cool great post girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That books looks really good!! I have heard of it before, but this is really the first time I have read about what it's about- it is on my wishlist! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa this sounds SO fun! I haven't heard of until now either. Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick Adrienne! I love the cover for this one. And it sounds so great. I will definitely be on the lookout for this one. Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this one sounds great, I hadn't heard about it before. Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)