Friday, February 26, 2010

The Unwritten Rule Contest Update and Friday Firsts (16)

**Update: My sister came home from college and helped me tweak a couple things, so they look different now but a lot better : ) The bookmarks are two-sided now, and I added another magnet winner also! To enter go to the original post here.**

New Pics of Bookmark Front and Back and Magnet:

 
  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first line can make or break a reader’s interest. Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence? To participate in this weekly book meme is extremely easy.
  • Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.
  • Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.
  • Create a blog post with this information. (Make sure to include the title and the author of the book you are using. Even an ISBN helps!)
  • Did this first sentence help draw you into the story? Why or why not?
The book I'm currently reading is Shadowland: Book 3 of The Immortals by Alyson Noel. I'm about a third of the way through into it already, and it's really good so far. Here is the first teeny, tiny sentence:

"Everything is energy." (Damen says this)

The first sentence makes a lot of sense if you have read any of The Immortals books. It's a little short and probably not the best first sentence. I still like it though. I loved the first one but the second one was a tad disappointing. So far Shadowland has been really good, and I hope it keeps getting better.
What's your current book's first sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)